Friday, August 10, 2012

Updating Bean's Decor

I think about a year ago, maybe two, who's counting...I posted a picture of this table and chairs one of my bosses gave me to have for Bean.  I knew immediately I wanted to re-do them.  I mean if you like the art-school-student-on-a-drunken-binge look, hey these were made for you.


I, however, am not a fan of such a look.

So I went and bought some paint at the lovely Home Depot.  That was almost a year ago.

So if we are following along the timeline of this project, we got the table and chairs two years ago, bought the paint a year ago, and now I have finally decided this look has to go!

So I pulled the table out onto the back porch, right next to The Redneck Pool, and started sanding.  By hand.  My hands.  Using sandpaper.  Whodathunkit?

This is what I got so far.


So I've gotten rid of the shiny surface along with the fact that all my fingernails have now be sanded down too.  I stopped because I had to make dinner and frankly, I wasn't sure what the next step was.  I figured I needed to get all the sanded stuff off but.....?  Yeah, what's the right way?  I emailed a friend to make sure I was proceeding correctly.  I also tried to call and text Hubz.  He couldn't be arsed.  Evidently he does not understand the urgency of this craft project.  Men.

Then since I was outside for probably the first time all summer and we all know I'm made of sugar, rainbows and lollipops, a mosquito bit me.  On the eyelid.  Who does that?  All of this creamy jiggly whiteness available to it and it goes for the eyelid.  Ass.

So I had had enough.  Crafting was done for the day.

So my next step is to sand the chairs and then dust everything off and wet it all down a little.

And apply bug spray.

I'll keep you updated as long as my interest stays on this project.  If it doesn't, forget you ever read this.

1 comment:

Mrs. M said...

We have similar working styles! :-)