That's what I thought.
I am trying my hand at finding easy projects on Pinterest that I can share with everyone. I found this tutorial for rainbow pasta before St. Patrick's Day and wanted to make some for Bean to use for crafting.
The "recipe" is very similar to the way I made rainbow rice for her sensory bin. This is very easy to do.
You grab the following items:
- Small shaped pasta - we used small bow tie pasta but you could use macaroni or twists or whatever you find.
- Rubbing alcohol
- food coloring - some people say gel food coloring is better but I didn't have any so regular works fine, too.
- Ziploc or storage bags
- Put a handful of the dry pasta into your storage bag.
- Squeeze a few drops of food coloring.
- Pour in a few drops of alcohol. I did use more for the pasta than I normally do for the rainbow rice but if you use no more than a teaspoon, you're fine.
- Mix the items around in the storage bag until all of the pasta is coated.
- Pour the pasta out on paper towels to dry.
Bean made a rainbow picture with her pasta.
You can follow my Pinterest boards here.