Monday, November 15, 2010

Handmade Holidays - Rebecca Novotny Designs


Welcome to Day 6 of Handmade Holidays at Pinkie and The Bean.


Today I would like to introduce Rebecca Novotny Designs.


I stumbled across Rebecca's Etsy shop one day while browsing shops listed on Cafe Handmade.  I fell in love with her sterling silver nest pendants.  I thought the designs were so sweet and simple.  I knew I wanted to feature her during this series.  So I emailed and begged her to let me blog about her.  LOL  She was so very nice to answer my questions so that I could share her Etsy shop and her beautiful jewelry with you all. 

Here's a little more about Rebecca and her designs.

Name of shop and link: Rebecca Novotny Designs http://rebeccanovotny.etsy.com

Do you have a Facebook page that you'd like to share?
My Facebook page is:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Mary-Esther-FL/Rebecca-Novotny-Designs/48700134299

How did you get started?
I am a lover of all things crafty. I went to college for Art Education, and left my teaching job to move with my Air Force husband, and become a stay at home mommy of twins. I have a long history of making gifts for friends and family... and one day someone said 'you should sell these...' and so I did. My goal for my business now is to be able to make enough income to contribute to our family income, while staying home with my boys.


How long have you been doing this?
I have been making jewelry for as long as I can remember. I started wire-wrapping with copper in high school, working with silver in college, and wire-wrapping in silver shortly after.

Describe your products:
I make everyday and special occasion jewelry using sterling silver, freshwater pearls, semi-precious stones, and Swarovski crystals. Each item is carefully made to order, using carefully selected materials. As with all things handmade, each item is unique.

Can you tell us a little about one of your favorite items?
My favorite items to wear are definitely earrings. I love when I have a special occasion, and can dress up my outfit by making matching Swarovski dangles. I love my nest pendants, because they are very personal, and sentimental to mothers. The newest item in my shop are my large Swarovski crystal cluster pendants. I LOVE them, and have been receiving great reviews!


Do you have any sales, discounts or specials going on?
Periodically, I will announce daily sales and shipping discounts to fans of my Facebook page. I also give special discounts to members of Entwined Community.

When is the last date you need for orders to be in to be guaranteed delivery by Christmas?
This is a question that would depend on a case by case basis. December 11th is one of the last days to place an order with basic shipping. Otherwise, we would need to upgrade to Priority or Overnight shipping in order to get your packages to you in time.

Please take a minute to stop by Rebecca's shop and I promise you will find something you love there just like I did.  And if you do fall in love with a design, be sure to keep up with her Facebook page for all of her specials.  

 

3 comments:

Irelynkiss said...

Awesome post! I just ordered one of her nest pendants and the braided bracelet for my little sis who has been dying for them!

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

What a pretty shop!

Jen said...

Becky is a sweet gal and super creative. We went to the same HS together and I am so thrilled of her success. Way to go Becky! :)