Friday, November 12, 2010

Handmade Holidays - The Sassy Squirrel


Welcome to Day 4 of Handmade Holidays at Pinkie and The Bean.


Today we are featuring The Sassy Squirrel!


I was lucky enough to meet Gail, the owner of The Sassy Squirrel, at a local craft show back in October.  She had a tent set up with all of her adorable children's clothing items and to be honest, I wanted one of each!  I love to dress Bean in handmade A-line and pillowcase dresses.  I think they are so pretty and simple.  You can dress them up or down, you can just wear the dress or like today when I sent her off to preschool, I threw some pants on under a pillowcase dress and she was the cutest kid in the class.  Yeah, yeah, yeah.  I'm biased, I know.


I purchased a Christmas pillow case dress from Gail along with a festive korker hairbow for Bean to wear on Christmas Day.  I had planned on dolling Bean up in her outfit last night and taking some pictures to share with you all but Bean was not cooperating.  She had no nap and she just wanted to sleep.  But I promise I will share those pictures with you all soon.  But take my word for it, the dress is adorable!

This is the hairbow I purchased from The Sassy Squirrel.
I mentioned to Gail at the craft fair that I wanted to do this handmade series and asked her if I could feature her shop.  She was excited about the post and answered some questions for me so we could all find out more about her and her clothes.

Boys JonJon

How did you get started?  When I was pregnant with my second child I was shopping in a local boutique.  The owner said that my son was wearing the cutest outfit and asked where did I get it. I embarrassingly answered that I had made it. She wanted me to make 12 for her shop and two weeks later, my garments were hanging in her store window. I wouldn’t have been prouder if it had been a shop in New York City!

How long have you been doing this? I have been sewing for 40 years. I made all my boys clothes when they were small.

Describe your products: I appliqué and embroider children's clothes. I specialize in personalizing garments.

What is one of your favorite items?  I love the Diaper Covers. Right now I am loving the “happy fall y’all” and the “Santa Baby” I also love the initial t shirts in Christmas colors.

Do you have any sales, discounts or specials going on? 
I am offering 10% off to your readers with this code mb1107.

When is the last date you need for orders to be in to be guaranteed delivery by Christmas? Orders need to be in by Dec 15th.  I ship USPS priority mail.


Here's some more photos of the appliques Gail makes.




Please stop by The Sassy Squirrel and take a look at the full line of clothes and accessories!  You can also find her on Facebook where you can see more pictures of her work.  I highly recommend The Sassy Squirrel to you all.  I know you will love her clothes! 

No comments: