Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Handmade Holidays - Ms. Linda Made It


Welcome to Day 7 of Handmade Holidays at Pinkie and The Bean!


Today I am sharing a wonderful site and a wonderful lady with you, Ms. Linda from Ms. Linda Made It.

I met Ms. Linda and her husband, Terry, at a local craft show about 2 and a half years ago.  They live in South Carolina and travel twice a year down to Georgia to show her handmade children's outfits at The Cotton Pickin' Fair.  I have purchased several dresses from Ms. Linda and have really loved them all.  She even made the dress Bean wore for her First Birthday party!

Ms. Linda makes A-line dresses, pillowcase dresses and jon jons for children.  All of the dresses come with a matching purse, and some come with a matching scrunchie, too.  I think Bean gets more excited about the purses than the dresses but you can't fault a girl that loves to accessorize, can you?

I purchased this A-line dress from Ms. Linda last year and the second picture is my most recent purchase.  I love the pattern on this pillowcase dress so much.



I contacted Ms. Linda and told her I wanted to share her shop with you all and she was very excited to let me. She shared with me how she got started.

"I've been sewing for 55 years since I was 8 years old. I made extra money as a teenager sewing for my Mom's friends.  I started Ms. Linda Made It in 1992."


Here's a little more information about her products and her shop.

Describe your products: My own line of handmade clothing for children -- dresses, pants outfits, appliqued T-shirt ensembles, matching accessories, boy's long and shortalls, overalls and pants and shirt sets.



Tell me about one of your favorite items? My "Ready? OK!" cheerleader outfit is the "monster" I created in 2010.  The top (or dress) features my original stick-figure cheerleader and is made to celebrate the child's favorite sports team.

My computer would only allow me to see the UGA version but Ms. Linda tells me she makes these in other team's colors, too.  Hard to believe you'd want any other team, though. 


When is the last date you need for orders to be in to be guaranteed delivery by Christmas?  December 5th.



If you're looking for a special outfit for your child for the holidays, I can highly recommend taking a look at Ms. Linda's clothes.  They are very well made and so adorable.  You will be glad to own any of her outfits.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the sweet retro kid print of the pillowcase dress! Bummed I have missed the past few Cotton Pickin' fairs - these pics inspire me to put it on my calendar for spring! Thanks for sharing! Blessings ~ Heidi