Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Card 2011 - or What Might Have Been

I think most of you that know me might have picked up that I like to hand make cards.  I developed this love by hanging out with my good friend, Tracy.  She introduced me to the world of card making and my checkbook has never been the same since.

I wanted to share a picture of our 2011 Christmas card that I made - or what I like to call "What Might Have Been".  I am normally a procrastinator.  I will admit that.  And this year wasn't any different.  I first couldn't decide what I wanted to make.  But then once everything was decided, I got to work.  I made about 2 cards and my paper punch broke.  I replaced my paper punch and sat down to work again.  This time the new punch broke after 4 cards. I tried to exchange it but there were no more of this design left and I couldn't find anything else that I could use.  I even tried to replicate the design on my Silhouette.  That didn't turn out right either.

So I was able to complete 6 of our Christmas cards. Yep.  Six.

Here is a picture of one of those six limited edition cards.


I absolutely love this design.  I love the colors, I love the little girl, I just love it all.  I used all Stampin' Up products except for the punch and ribbon.  Another card making buddy (Thanks Doc!) taught me how to run the stamp design through a Xyron machine to make the front of the design sticky so that I could then apply glitter to add a "pop" to the card.  You use a used dryer sheet to complete that process.  I would have never come up with that on my own.  I printed out the snowflakes on my Silhouette.

I am very sad that here it is December 21st and I have no way of completing them so that I can mail them off.

I think I will continue looking for the punch and keep working on them.  I'll just look at it as I now have a jump start on next year's cards.

Now you know why you haven't received a card from us this season.  Merry Christmas to you  all!

Linking up with these pretty parties:



Post a Comment