Wednesday, July 27, 2011

CraftFail

I've been a newsletter subscriber to Dollar Store Crafts for awhile but just today noticed a link in the newsletter to another site called CraftFail. I clicked on over and spent the next twenty minutes or so going through the posts there. Heather from Dollar Store Crafts has created a place for crafters to share those projects that didn't quite measure up.

CraftFail has managed to make me feel better about myself because you all have no idea how many craft projects I've done with hopes of being able to share them here on my blog only to realize that the end product just needs to be buried someplace and erased from memory.

Now I have a place to call home. Yay me!

Here is a submission that had me laughing and commiserating along.

Here is the original project inspiration.

nylon baby dolls
Reposted from CraftFail.com

Cute, huh?

Here is the finished product by Catalina from Up the hill, both ways

nylon doll fail
Picture property of Catalina from Up the hill, both ways

Oh, how I know this feeling.  In the past, I have buried my craft fails at the bottom of the trash can.  Now I can proudly share them at CraftFail and know that they will somehow bring a smile to someone which is what the whole point was to begin with.  It's just a different kind of smile in the end.

2 comments:

Holly said...

haha! craftfail is awesome!

Unknown said...

LOL this is scary!!!!!