Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Etsy Share #4 - Sweet Treats





Welcome to Etsy Share!  A weekly link party where you can show off favorite items found on Etsy.

Here are the only rules to this link party:
  • Please enter the link to your Etsy treasury or to your blog post where you share a few found treasures on Etsy. If you are linking to a blog post, please enter the link to the actual post, not the whole blog. I will try to pick out a few honorable mentions and share those later on.
  • Make sure your treasuries or blog posts are family friendly.  This blog really is a journal of my family's lives and I just don't want there to be anything on here I would be afraid to share with Bean later on.
  • Please copy my button code and put it in your blog post or the sidebar of your blog if you have one.
  • (Optional) Please share this link party with anyone that you know loves Etsy.  This is a brand new link party and I'd like to "get the word out" and I need your help to do that.  
I can't believe it's already Thursday!  This week's Etsy Share day sure did sneak up on me.  Sorry for not giving a heads up as to the theme earlier.  I'm having a hard time getting participation in this link party so if you have any suggestions or wouldn't mind sharing the word, please do so.

I have a huge sweet tooth.  HUGE!  So I thought this week would be a good time to do a treasury on all the fabulous sweet treats you can find on Etsy.  So that's our theme - Sweets!  Happy hunting!

Here's my treasury:

'Sweets for my Sweet' by pinkiefae

Sometimes Etsy can be the best candy store!


Mom's Killer Cakes ...
$38.50

12 Chocolate Covered Gr...
$15.00

Pink Owl Cake Pop
$36.96

Cupcake Bites
$9.95

Chocolate Drizzled Pret...
$30.00

Mixed Berry Pie in a Ja...
$7.50

Four Chocolate Dipped T...
$9.00

18 White Chocolate Bess...
$18.00

Delicious Italian Peppe...
$19.99

Ladybug Sugar Cookies -...
$24.00

Sweet Love Cake Truffle...
$36.00

RED VELVET COOKIE Pies ...
$23.95

Georgia Peach Cupcakes ...
$13.50

White Chocolate Shortbr...
$12.00

triple chocolate chunk ...
$8.00

Aunt Helen's Pumpki...
$39.00


2 comments:

Kim @ This Belle Rocks said...

What a great idea for a theme! I will get mine up sometime tonight or tomorrow.

My only suggestions for the link up would be to:

- Decide on a theme about three to five days in advance, and possibly move the meme to Monday or Tuesday. But regardless, get the theme and word out about 3-5 days in advance.

I always tweet and facebook it whenever I learn the theme and/or get my post done. But sometimes the day before just doesn't give people enough time to think and look and prepare a treasury and put it through the treasury generator and come back and link up.

- Post in Blog Frog in the SITS community and any other appropriate communities (Blog Frog and otherwise) you can think of.

- Anytime you participate in a meme that asks for your favorite post from the week, submit your Etsy Share entry if you don't have a favorite other post. This shouldn't be done EVERY time, obviously, but will do for every once in a while.

- Once more people start participating, do a tweet and FB shoutout in your community (possibly on your personal page as well) every time someone shares a link, and link to their entry.

- Again, once more people start participating, maybe spotlight a favorite collection out of all the participants. I understand if this isn't your thing, but once the meme gets off and running and people make use of the "like" feature on Mr. Linky, then you could use the most liked post according to that. Or not do it at all, either way is fine.

- If you can fit this between several other tweets so it's not overkill, you can tweet about it starting a few days in advance, once or twice a day (morning and late afternoon would be my suggestion).

And you know the main things. Comment on other people's blogs when your post is up so the people who use CommentLuv will grab that particular post and see it when they return the visit. Or just comment lots of places, period, and bring more people to the site.

Of course....I don't get too many visitors, so maybe I am not the one to say. But definitely a bit more advance notice couldn't hurt.

Holly said...

I'm 2 behind on my etsy share so gonna try and catch up tonite.