Thursday, January 27, 2011

Balloon Wreath

For Bean's birthday party I also made a balloon wreath. I found this idea on a few other blogs like this one at Meet the Newcombs and this one at How Does She?

I fell in love with these wreaths and knew I wanted to try my hand at them for Bean's party. The problem? I didn't read the instructions on how to actually make them. I just looked at the pretty pictures. Um hum.

The Meet the Newcombs wreath is made with a wreath form and rubber bands. The How Does She? one also uses a wreath form and greening pins.

Mine does not. Mine consists of balloons and a clothes hanger untwisted and shaped into a circle. I simply tied the balloons onto the hanger and fluffed up the balloons the best I could. After finishing my wreath I wondered why it didn't look quite as full as these other two.

That's when I got the brilliant idea to go back and actually read the directions in the tutorials.

At midnight. The night before the party.

Yep.

So I went with what I had made. I think it's cute. It's a little ragtag and not as full as the others but it's cute. I was going to make a bow for it but didn't have any ribbon that matched or that wasn't too big. And at midnight-thirty, I really didn't care any more. So I hung Minnie Mouse from the center and that was that.



Please excuse the camera phone pictures.
 I hung the wreath on the door to welcome the party guests and believe it or not...life went on even though it wasn't perfect! That's a lesson I need to remember.

5 comments:

Party supplies said...

Good creativity in this post and blog also. , good looking background.

Diann said...

This is just so cute! I am definetly going to steal, borrow this idea!

Holly said...

I like the balloon wreath and it looks simple enough for me to do!

Elle Belles Bows said...

Very cute! Great work! It would also be fun for a girl baby shower too! Kerri

Party supplies said...

I love this blog post and decorations.Thanks.