Friday, August 26, 2011

My Book Shelf - August 2011

I originally wrote this post sharing my reading list at the time. This idea came from Grams at Grams Made It.

I thought it was a good time to revisit my list.

I just finished listening to the audiobook of Girls in White Dresses by Jennifer Close.


I enjoyed this book.  It was really funny and made me wish (almost) that I was a single New Yorker.  I can completely see this book being made into a movie.  I want to play Lauren.

I am still involved in my Bible in 90 Days challenge.  I am very behind though and am trying to work through the roadblocks that keep popping up taking my reading time away.

The Hobbit is still in my reading basket.

I will start my next audiobook on Monday on my way to work.  I'll be listening to Haunted Ground by Erin Hart.


I found this on Audible.com and don't remember much about it except that it was interesting enough to add to my wishlist.  Here's a little description about the story:

When farmers cutting turf in a peat bog make a grisly discovery -- the perfectly preserved severed head of a young woman with long red hair -- Irish archaeologist Cormac Maguire and American pathologist Nora Gavin team up in a case that will open old wounds.

I love listening to audiobooks with Irish accents.  So I know on that point alone I will like this book.

Have you found any good books lately that you'd like to recommend?

2 comments:

Mrs. M said...

I'm reading Oryx and Crake right now - a futuristic version of our planet after global warming and science ruin it.. I'm enjoying it - but it's for a book club, I doubt I would have otherwise have picked it up. Your books look good, I love Irish accents!

Unknown said...

Hey I used to be on an email list with Erin Hart! It was the first yahoo group I ever joined (and I still belong to it). She always signed all of her posts: Yr Friend, Erin, which I always thought was cute. Anyway I bought the book when it first came out but I never finished it. I don't remember why I never finished,but then I don't finish most books I start. Who is reading it? Let me know what you think, as I think I still have it and might try to start reading it again.