Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My Book Shelf

I am completely stealing borrowing this post idea from Grams at Grams Made It. She was a recent featured blogger on SITS and I found her book post while reading her blog.

I thought I would try and update this post here and there as I finish books. I also use Goodreads to keep track of the books I've read. My Goodreads list is here.

I don't get as much time now to read as I used to. I do check out audiobooks from our local library and listen to them during my commute time.

I'm currently reading and/or listening to:

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte (audiobook)
A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien


I am listening to Jane Eyre on audiobook. I am almost finished. I love this story so far and don't know why I never read it earlier. I received A Discovery of Witches to review as part of the BlogHer Book Review program. I am busting my brain to try and get it read in the timeframe they've set. I was reading The Hobbit before I received A Discovery of Witches so Bilbo Baggins is having to sit and wait patiently for me to return to his story.

As I finish these books and add to my reading/listening list, I will compile a list of finished books. Here are just a few of the ones I've recently finished.

  • Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
  • The Gunslinger (The Dark Tower #1) by Stephen King
  • Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
  • The Beach House by Jane Green
  • Say Goodbye by Lisa Gardner

If you have a book that you just loved and want to recommend it, please feel free to post it here or if you have a Goodreads page, please share the link in the comments, too.  I would love to see what you are reading, too.

2 comments:

Vicki @ Grams Made It said...

There's nothing more flattering than stealing a good idea. I just read Jane Eyre too. I don't know why I had never read it before, but I wanted to read it before seeing the movie. They did a pretty good job with the movie, although the ending wasn't exactly the same and, of course, there was not as much story detail.

I'll be watching your reading list. I have to select my book club's book for August, so I'm "book shopping."

Unknown said...

I think I have Jane Eyre on my Kindle but, like with most I have on there, it's waiting for the Kindle to get charged up one day.
Have you read all of Austen's work?
I think Persuasion might be my favorite.