Monday, November 21, 2011

Now I'm a fan girl.

Have you ever written a fan letter to a celebrity? I can neither confirm nor deny that I ever wrote one to someone in New Kids on the Block.  I didn't.  Really, I didn't.  But I did buy one of their videos and secretly watched it over and over and...nevermind.

Well, today I became a fan girl again.  Yep, I wrote another letter.  Don't worry, Jordan Knight.  You're safe.

This time I wrote a letter to...this girl.



Yeah, I wrote to Cinderella.

And I hope, hope, hope she writes me back.

Recently, I read this post by Couponing to Disney where she explains that you can write to your favorite Disney character and receive an autographed picture back from them.

Stop it.  Stop laughing at me.

I did it for Bean.  Bean is a huge Cinderella fan.  Don't you remember this?


She loves Cinderella.  She sings "Cinderella...dressed in yella" around the house all the time thanks to Hubz. She squeals with delight every time we're in a store and she sees something with Cinderella on it.

Yep.  Minnie Mouse has been kicked to the curb.  It's all about Cinderella now.

Bean even has several Cinderella wants on her Christmas wish list.  Whenever anyone asks her what she wants for Christmas she says "a Cinderella doll".  The kid might wind up with 12 on Christmas but even if she does I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that she will be delighted to have them all.

So anyways, with Christmas coming up and then her birthday right after, I thought getting an autographed picture from Cinderella would be an amazing gift for Bean.  So I put my sarcastic thoughts (well, most of them) away and wrote a letter to Cinderella to see if she will send Bean a picture.

Couponing to Disney said she received her autograph in about two weeks.  I'm putting our letter in the mail today - November 21, 2011.  We'll see if we ever do receive a picture and how long it takes if we do.

If you want to write to your favorite Disney character, too, here's the address I used.

Walt Disney World Communications
P.O. Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

Come on, Cinderella, have a heart!  Send this beautiful little girl an autograph.  It will make her smile which will make me smile.

I'll keep you guys updated.

2 comments:

Fordy said...

A Fan-Girl of what?

Holly said...

I hope she writes back! Bean will love it!