Thursday, November 17, 2011

Etsy Share - Thanksgiving

Since I'm still blog-logged and can't come up with any new hilarity-ensuing material to share with you, I thought I would create an Etsy Share for the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday.

This treasury is an ode to that wonderful, beautiful icon of Thanksgiving - the turkey.

I love turkey.  Dead turkey.  Dead, fried turkey.  If you don't have fried, well, I guess the regular will do.  As long as it's dead.

We all remember my hate affair with birds, don't we?

That's why I love dead turkey.

But when I think of Thanksgiving, I think of Hubz breaking out his turkey fryer and me praying that he doesn't burn down the house with said fryer.  I also think of the turkey that came to live on our farm when I was young.  Madge.  Madge was interesting to watch.  She really knew how to strut her stuff.  It was sad when she became the guest of honor at our Thanksgiving dinner.

My treasury features cute turkeys though.  Yes, I can agree that the cartoonish turkeys you see below don't bother me as much as the real live ones.


1 comment:

Holly said...

Very cute turkey things! I love me some dark meat from turkey mmmmm