Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Etsy Share #10 - Grandparents





Welcome to Etsy Share!  A weekly link party where you can show off favorite items found on Etsy.

New this week:  If you do not have or want to share a blog post, or create an entire treasury, I have opened up the comments section to allow you to post a link to a favorite item on Etsy that fits in with the weekly theme.  Please feel free to share in the comments section.

If you do want to add a blog post, here are the guidelines to do so:
  • Please enter the link to your Etsy treasury or to your blog post where you share a few found treasures on Etsy. If you are linking to a blog post, please enter the link to the actual post, not the whole blog. I will try to pick out a few honorable mentions and share those later on.
  • Make sure your treasuries or blog posts are family friendly.
  • If you do write a blog post, please copy my button code and put it in your blog post or the sidebar of your blog.
  • (Optional) Please share this link party with anyone that you know loves Etsy.  
This week's theme:  GRANDPARENTS

I thought this week we could honor our grandparents or even the role "grandparent" in our treasuries.  My treasury includes items that would work as gifts for Bean to give her grandparents along with items that remind me of my grandmothers.

My mom's mom, or Granny, was named Jewel.  She loved to crochet and sew.  She loved flowers and could grow any type of flower.  Evenings were usually spent tugging her garden hose all over the yard so she could water her flowers.  She was also an amazing cook.  She could make the best cakes you've ever eaten.  Most people liked her coconut cake but my "regular" favorite was her chocolate cake.  But the best cake she made was a peppermint cake and it came out only during the Christmas season.  She used to let me help her crush up the peppermint sticks with a rolling pin.

My dad's mom was named Lily.  She passed when I was an infant.  I have a picture of her holding me and staring into my face when I was a baby.  I wished I would have gotten the chance to know her.  I like how both of my grandmothers had beautiful names because I know they were beautiful people.

Sorry.  Didn't mean to write a book there.  I'll save that for another day.  Anyhoo...here's my treasury:

'Grandparents are gifts.' by pinkiefae

Items here remind me of my grandmothers.


Family Platter Great gi...
$80.00

Vintage granny square a...
$40.00

Original Silver Calla L...
$105.00

MOTHERS DAY ART Grandmo...
$3.39

Handstamped Grandmother...
$35.00

Sound of Sunset 23 x 30...
$299.50

GRANDMA and GRANDPA Pre...
$29.00

Thick Heat Resistant Cu...
$8.00

Full Apron, Adult Extra...
$24.25

Custom Sign Any Two Nam...
$25.00

Custom Photo I Spy Bag ...
$30.00

Grandma's Christmas...
$9.50

Nursery Family Tree - C...
$150.00

Great Grandma's Tea...
$15.00

Best Grandmother Ever ...
$55.00

Vintage Girls Suitcase ...
$19.00



No comments: