Thursday, April 8, 2010

Hoppin' down the Bloggy Trail.

I love to read posts where the writer shares blog posts of others that they have found interesting or helpful. A great example of this can be found on The Mother Load. I think these posts of Amy's are some of my favorites that she does.  I thought I'd be very un-original and steal borrow Amy's idea and share some great tips or projects that I've found in the blogosphere.  I hope you enjoy.

Clean your dishwasher with KoolAid.  Great, another thing I have to clean.

I still have a whole bag full of empty formula cans that I could use to make this ABC game for Bean.  I'd like to really emphasize the "could" part of that sentence.

I want an Easy Bake oven so that I can have one of these Easy Bake Oven Cookbooks.  I mean BEAN wants an Easy Bake oven.  Bean.  Not me.  No, not me.

I really want a terrarium.  If I were going to make one, I'd use this tutorial.  But I wished Hubz would use it instead and make me one.  It's not like he does anything else, you know.

I think the Pioneer Woman should be investigated to make sure she's really human.  I mean nobody but her, Martha Stewart and maybe June Cleaver could come up with this idea for these really cute flower pot desserts.  I pray to God y'all know who June Cleaver is.  I overheard a youngster say the other day "Who's Carol Brady?"  What?  Get off my planet.

I actually made some of this homemade hair detangler the other day.  It works pretty good...when you remember to spray it on...

I love this recipe for blueberry muffins made from baking mix.  Well, duh!  How else do you make muffins?!?  Oh yeah!  There are people out there that *gasp* BAKE FROM SCRATCH.  Egads!

I grew up on a farm.  Yes, it's true.  We had horses, pigs, cows, a turkey once, and some devil-possessed chickens, too.  Every summer, and I am not exaggerating here, I would spend my summer vacation shucking corn, shelling beans, snapping peas.  I HATED IT.  I would tell my Granny that when I grew up I would never, ever plant a garden.  I told her there was a reason God invented the grocery store and it was to save me from all that work.  Now, I am trying to convince Hubz to help me do some Square Foot Gardening.  My Granny is probably looking down laughing and saying "I told you so." 

3 comments:

Jenilee said...

First of all, I love your simple About Me sentence on your blog profile. chocolate and sarcasm. :) so cute! and I love blogs with fun, easy helps too! my friend has a fun one called I'm a Lazy Mom and she is always posting some fun things on it. anyway, hoping over from another blog and thought I'd say hello!

Holly said...

My mom and dad had a pretty nice sized garden and I remember snapping green beans and doing the corn and peas too. I actually kinda miss sitting out on a warm day and just doing that with my sister

Stephanie - My Frugal Lifestyle said...

Thanks a bunch for featuring my lemonade Kool-Aid trick :) I really appreciate it!

My husband made me some cute square foot gardens last year and I absolutely love them! They don't look tacky and for some reason, weeding gardens that are "squared" off seem much faster and easier to do. I can't wait to start planting my garden this year!