Monday, March 11, 2013

Again? Really?

So...Friday was my birthday.  Yes, that's right.  Another year older.  How many years you might ask?  Hush your mouth, I might say.

What did I get for my birthday?  Two days of absolute nastiness spent between the couch, the bed and the bathroom.  I will spare you all the gory details but no, it wasn't fun.  It still isn't completely gone and I'm still not having fun with it.

This makes me think back to actually how long one of the three of us in our household has been sick.  Someone has had something to deal with since Christmas Eve.

Frankly, I'm a little sick of being sick.  I know, I know.  There are folks out there that have it worse than we do.  We should be grateful.  I know.  Believe me, I know.

But I'm ready to call in those two English women that used to go around and look at people's homes and show them all the funk they had growing that they couldn't see.  I'm wondering if we don't have something like that going on.  Do they make Lysol bombs?  Probably not but they should and I should totally get royalties on that idea.

And now Hubz comes home Friday night talking about some "super virus", CRE, that is going around the country's hospitals and there is no cure for it.  Hubz works in some local Atlanta hospitals doing cabling installation.  He is all over these hospitals in areas you wouldn't think they'd allow regular joes to be.  So at any given time he could have come home with this super virus or any other creepy, crawly disease and we'd never know.  How gross is that?  So now we have a new system for his delousing when he comes home from a day at a hospital.  Our pediatrician was nice enough to give us some tips on this subject, too.

If you have any tips on how to battle the sickies or how you handle the spread throughout your house, please share them below.  I'd love any help I could get to finally get us all well.

No comments: