The general idea is to ask your child the same set of questions on every birthday until they head off to college. As you can see, since I'm starting this tradition on her 5th birthday, I've been a little slack in my job as an interviewer. Hey, can I help if I didn't steal someone else's original idea sooner?
So here we go!
The Bean Interview on Her 5th (or a little bit later) Birthday!
1. What is your name? Bean.
2. If you could change your name, what new name would you choose? Savannah (her cousin)
3. How old are you? 5.
4. When is your birthday? Sunday. (Her party was on a Sunday.)
5. What is your favorite color? Pink.
6. What is your favorite song? Princess. (She has princess songs on her LeapPad.)
7. What is your favorite food? Carrots and corn.
8. What food do you dislike the most? Broccoli
9. What is your favorite place to eat? Cracker Bell. (Cracker Barrel)
10. Who is your best friend? Xandry.
11. What is your favorite book? The bird book. The princess book. And the bunny book.
12. What is your favorite toy? Snowglobe. And the Cinderella doll, too.
13. What is your favorite movie? Brave
14. How do you like to spend your time? With Mommy and Daddy. (Ain't she precious!)
15. What is your Mommy’s name? Mommy.
16. How old is Mommy? .Too old. (Precious my butt!)
17. What does Mommy do during the day? She works. And she eats lunch. And takes phone calls and works on papers.
18. What is your favorite thing to do with Mommy? Spending time together. (Huh? Whad'ja say? These "too old" ears can't hear you.)
19. What is your Daddy’s name? Daddy.
20. How old is Daddy? 100. (Ha! That's what he gets for snickering at her earlier answer.)
21. What does Daddy do during the day? He works, too.
22. What is your favorite thing to do with Daddy? Play together.
23. What is your favorite thing that happened last year? The park. (So the bar is set really low for this year!)
24. What are you looking forward to doing this year? Well...to play.
25. Where would you like to go on vacation this year? Florida.
26. What will your job be when you grow up? A mermaid.
27. Where do you want to live when you grow up? In a house.
28. Do you want to get married someday? No.