Monday, March 7, 2011

Bean's Books - March 7, 2011

I thought I would start sharing with you the latest books on Bean's "reading" list, otherwise known as the "read it again" list.

Her favorite book for the past 2 days is Hello Kitty Visits Grandma!


But she is also reading Olivia by Ian Falconer. 

Dinner with Olivia by Emily Sollinger.

Oh yes, we can't forget Olivia Forms a Band by Ian Falconer.


Olivia is a pretty big deal at our house.

I have also been trying to figure out the best way to start the discussion with Bean about strangers.  I've tried in the past but just don't think she got any of it. I found this Berenstain Bears book, Learn about Strangers, by Stan Berenstain.


We haven't started reading this one yet but hopefully it will get us started again on teaching Bean to be aware of strangers.  Have you had this talk with your child?  Do you have any tips you can share with me?

5 comments:

Mrs. M said...

We have the stranger book too. I don't think it's too early to tell her the difference between people we know and people we don't know. That book is pretty intense (I think) for small kids...

Unknown said...

@Mighty M Thanks for letting me know. Like I said, we haven't read the book yet. I usually try and flip through books before I will read them to her but haven't done that with this one yet. I definitely will now.

The Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum said...

I love Olivia myself. I think we might check out some of those books.

Elle Belles Bows said...

Great list!

I am going to check some out for E.

Love your sensory bin too! It turned out very well.

Kerri

Kristen @ Who's Watching the Baby? said...

The very best book, in my opinion, for teaching kids how to deal with strangers and for dealing with child safety as a whole is 'Protecting the Gift' by Gavin de Becker. It changed my life, and completely turned everything I had ever assumed about protecting my kids on its head. You can usually find used copies on Amazon for next to nothing. I really highly recommend it!