Thursday, October 7, 2010

Our Fall Mantel.

I spent some time this weekend doing a little Halloween decorating. Here's our mantel. I wanted a "Hitchcocky" theme. I tried to make it look a little sparse and old fashioned and since Hitchcock was on my mind, I threw in a couple of the scariest stuffed birds I've seen. You all know birds scare the life out of me. I try not to look at the mantel too much when I'm hanging out by myself.

I can't quite decide if the wreath really goes well.  I made it the day before and thought it gave the whole mantelscape a little height.  It's still up there.  That might be more from laziness than from any decorating where-with-all though. 








3 comments:

Mrs. M said...

The birds add a nice spooky touch!

The Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum said...

That looks great.

Holly said...

Ooo that is Hitchcocky!