Friday, September 17, 2010

Pinkie's Picks - September 17, 2010

It's been another crazed week at work. Trial preparation stinks. Oh well, enjoy these picks of mine while you're waiting on me to come up with something original.

This week's crockpot recipe: Balsamic Beef and Onion Pasta from $5 Dinners. I've tried this one and it is pretty good.

Wanting to design your own Twitter background?  Paisley Cat Scraps shows you how here.  She also offers free Blogger backgrounds and great tutorials.

Do you have a toddler (or husband) that you are trying to potty train?  Prudent Baby shows you how to make your own very cute DIY Potty Chart to keep track of their progress.  We use a sticker chart for Bean and she gets so excited when she can put a new sticker on her chart. 

Tip Nut shares ways to use herbs to freshen up your home.  If we could just teach them to pressure-wash...

I am going to make these Peanut Butter and Jelly Roll Ups from Meal Planning Mommies for Bean this weekend.  Of course, there'll have to be some taste testing going on before I can give them to her. 

I have an idea in my head to do something similar to this tin can storage shared on Craftzine.com.  Darn, now I'll have to use a bunch of canned food in the coming weeks so I can gather the materials needed for this project.  What. A. Shame.

I've never had nor even know what a crostata is but this one from Betty Crocker sure looks good.  Anyone wanna make me one?  

Not really a tip or craft but more a shameless plug for a friend of mine.  Please stop by my friend Holly's blog and tell her she's entirely too cute to be nearing the end of her pregnancy.  She doesn't even have "pregnancy nose" like my friend Melalee likes to call it. 

1 comment:

Holly said...

Thanks!! :) And what is "pregnancy nose"? You have me curious!