Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Mission Accomplished! Almost.

You've all been graciously following along in my quest to earn a free Kindle Fire.

Kindle Fire: upright, angled view

Well the mission is now complete.

But I didn't get it for free.

It cost me $4.00


Order Summary

Items:$139.00
Shipping & Handling:$0.00

Total Before Tax:$139.00
Estimated Tax To Be Collected:$0.00
Total:$139.00
Gift Certificate/Card:-$135.00

Order Total: $4.00


My grand Iowa friend, whom you'll hear more about in a later post, sent me a link this morning to a Gold Box sale on Amazon for refurbished Kindle Fires for $139.  I wasn't sure about purchasing a refurbished model because I have no experience with anything refurbished.  But my friend has had positive experiences and I spent some time reading other buyer's comments and decided to give it a chance.

I only had $135 in actual credits since I'm still waiting on my Swagbucks certificate to show up but since the deal is likely to sell out quickly, I went ahead and spent $4.00 to get the Fire.  I could have waited but I know if I did, the deal would be gone.  I think paying $4.00 for a Kindle Fire is acceptable and much better than spending the total $199.

So mission accomplished but just not completely free.  Now I can use my Swagbucks certificate when it gets here to get a cover.  I can't wait to receive the Fire in the mail and will definitely share pictures with you.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am very excited for you!

My two main refurbished items were a Kodak camera that lasted about 8 yrs and my droid phone. Any problems I have had with my phone have turned out to be an operating system problem that were corrected when they did an upgrade!

Enjoy that Fire!

Fordy said...

Yay Pinkie!!! (And good job Iowa!)

Now that you have your Kindle Fire (for $4.00!!!) - and that went super fast! You should start a running total to see if you can get an iPad (or Two - one for Canada - LOL!)

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Oh wow! That was a wonderful score! I think Amazon stands behind their refurbished products so you should have no worries.