Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Atlanta, put on your floaties!

It's flooding in Atlanta.  Yep, I said that right.  It's hard to believe.  I've never seen weather like this here before.  And it didn't come from any tropical storm, no hurricane, just regular old rain.  Too much regular old rain.

I don't have any personal pictures to put up here but I wanted to share some that I've found online.  I was too busy trying to keep my car on the road and out of flooded ditches.  After I'd get through an area, I'd say to myself, "I wished I had taken a picture of that."  But I thought it would be interesting one day to look back and remember this.  One day when we are all dry again.

This is how I get to work.  On the top middle of the picture, you see to lanes feeding into the highway, well that's how I get back on the highway to go home.  I missed this by about 20 minutes.  My bosses let me leave early and thank God they did.







This is a roller coaster at Six Flags.  If this is their idea of a new thrill ride, I ain't buying it.  I just can't imagine this much water anywhere.



This is a road in Douglas County, home of my favorite mall.  Oh Lord, is the mall okay????



They say there is a Mercedes parked in the driveway.  I hope their insurance covers all this but I'm afraid for them.



I'd say that you shouldn't try to go that way.



Thank God these were empty buses.



I know it's not funny, but it is funny.



At least there was time to get some golfing in.



Made a wrong turn, didn't ya?  You sure did get a long way into it before you decided to give up the fight, huh?  This one picture confirms everything Hubz always says about female drivers.



The rain is still coming down on and off.  I'm keeping my water wings close by.

3 comments:

Mighty M said...

Yikes!! Weather can be such a devastating force. Hang in there!!

Holly said...

I can't believe that people in the first pic are driving through that water!! Crazy!!!!

Devilish Southern Belle said...

I hope y'all are starting to dry out some by now! I read about all the damage and deaths :/

I always wondered what would happen to us if we got flooded....we don't have flood insurance since we aren't in a flood zone. But those things come on quick and are as destructive as any other severe type of storm.