Tuesday, May 12, 2009

God Bless Kayleigh Anne

I wanted to post this news because I had shared their story with you on my blog before.  I am not posting this for any type of gain or sympathy or anything else for myself.

I have just heard the news that sweet Kayleigh Anne Freeman passed away last night.  I have been following her story on the blog, Kayleigh's Story, for months.  I had grown to love, pray and root for this little girl.  I am sitting here now crying because it just is so sad and heartbreaking.  I can't imagine the pain her parents, Aimee and Adam, are going through. I know one day their family will be reunited but today the pain is enormous, I'm sure.

I just wanted to say to them that I am thinking and praying for them.  If I could help, I would.  I just loved seeing their photos and hearing of Kayleigh's fight.  She had such a will.  When I would get into petty arguments or feel sorry for myself or feel lazy about something, I would think of Kayleigh and remind myself that I wasn't stuck in a hospital bed, I had had so many wonderful experiences that she never had, I have, by the grace of God, a healthy child that I can hug every day.  Kayleigh would make me remember the things that I should be grateful for, and I can tell you that she straightened me out a number of times in the past few months.  I thank little Kayleigh for that and I hope one day, I can thank her in person.

God bless the Freemans and God Bless Kayleigh.

1 comment:

Mighty M said...

Thanks for your lovely words. I too walk with a heavy heart today.