Thursday, May 1, 2008

About Me!

My name is Pinkie.  Well, no, that's really not my name but that's my "bloggin' handle".  I decided to start a blog because everyone was doing it.  No...that's not true either.

I knew I would be horrible at keeping up my daughter's baby book.  I am always sitting in front of a computer, (and I have the derriere to prove it), so I thought the best baby book I could do for her would be a blog.  So there you have it.

Where did "Pinkie and the Bean" come from?  I've been asked if it was a take off on Pinky and the Brain.  To be honest, I had never heard of Pinky and the Brain until people started asking me that question.  So I can safety tell you all that those cartooneys had no influence here.  First, I didn't want to just throw our real names out there.  I have a lot of fears and one of them is internet stalking.  So I knew I had to come up with nicknames for us all.  Everyone in my personal life that gets mentioned here on my blog gets a nickname or bloggin' handle as I like to call them.  I picked Pinkie for me because well, it's not that hard...I like everything pink.  Pink is my "signature color".  (That is stolen from Steel Magnolias.  Please don't sue me, Julia!)  And when I first found out I was pregnant, I got tired of calling the baby "it", and the technical terms are all just too cold.  No one wants to say "fetus" all day long.  So I started calling her "Bean".  In fact, we didn't officially decide on a name for Bean until she was about 12 hours old.

If you need a rundown on the characters found here on this blog, here ya go:

Pinkie - your beautiful, talented, witty author  :)

Bean - the star of the show

Hubz - the co-producer

Giggles - Hubz' mother, my mother-in-law, and one of Bean's nannies

The Accomplice - Hubz' aunt, Giggles' sister, and the second of Bean's two nannies

The Grump - my dear, sweet, sunshiney father-in-law

BIL 1 - Hubz' oldest brother

BIL 2 - Hubz' next oldest brother

There are a couple more but I will have to add them later.

***************************My Amazon Store***********************************

I have opened our own Amazon.com store. It is called Pinkie and the Bean Toddler Store.  Not that original but maybe we can tweak it as we go along.  I have added Montessori books and teaching aides to the store.  Feel free to take a look.

Pinkie and The Bean Toddler Store


********* My Disclosure Statement *****************

This policy is valid from 06 January 2011.


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact Pinkie (pinkiefae at gmail dot com).


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your blog! This is Hannah Bug!