Monday, March 19, 2012

Life Well Lived: Spring Cleaning Tips



What are your favorite spring cleaning tips?

My most used cleaning tip is to never leave a room empty-handed.  There is always something in one room that is out of place and needs to be shuttled to its correct home.  When I am bustling around the house, I always try to pick up something and carry it with me to put up.  Sometimes I place a basket or two in a room and place items in it that need to be taken to another room for storage.  I will have a basket, or sometimes even a plastic grocery bag, in the kitchen and I will fill it up with items for the bathroom or Bean's room and take it all at once.
This saves steps and makes flitting all over the house a little more productive.

What about you?  Do you have any quick and dirty cleaning tips you can share?

Visit BlogHer.com join in the discussion about Spring Cleaning.  While you're there, don't forget to enter the Life Well Lived Sweepstakes.

3 comments:

Holly said...

I think you could actually get a bit done setting a timer and cleaning for like 10 minutes each day and then once the timer goes off you're done!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

It is nice to meet you through Life Well Lived! I also did this "LWL" post this week -- it was a fun topic.

I really appreciated reading Alicia's 10 minute Spring Cleaning tips on BlogHer as I need to organize myself in small intervals this season as I have a lot of family occasions coming up this year.

You are wise to keep a basket in the room to pick up things. I live in a three story house and baskets are always full of things that need to be taken up or downstairs.

Hilary said...

I love your tip... It reminds me of when I waited tables. My manager always drilled it into our heads, and I follow that advice now...