Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Growing right out of my arms

Life has been moving right along for us. We are all trying to get used to a new schedule. Bean has started a new school and that has caused me to start a new work schedule. It's going okay. I feel though that I'm rushing now more than ever.

I don't feel that I have time to do anything but that's life, right?

I am still working on my Etsy shop. I've tried to teach myself some new designs. As soon as I get those finished up and get some decent pictures, hopefully I'll stop being scared and just post everything. I look at what I make and think "I've seen so much better". I have always second guessed myself and this is no different.

This Sunday we were walking around a home improvement store, or I should say we were following Hubz around praying that he would finally get tired of looking at everything he can't afford to buy so we could go home. At one point, I picked Bean up and started carrying her around. I made a comment to her that she was getting so big. It won't be much longer before it'll be really hard for me to pick her up and carry her like I love to do.

I told her that she was growing right out of my arms.

I got really choked up at that thought.

But it's true. She is.

She is getting so big and so smart. She still whines like a little baby but hey, I guess I do too sometimes.

She's getting to be so independent. She already was but it's reached new levels.

I hate these levels. Don't get me wrong...I'm grateful that she can be independent. I know that there are kids out there that aren't healthy and will always be dependent upon their parents. Thank God she is healthy. I pray every night that she will always be healthy because that's half the battle in this life.

But still, it's happening too fast. She's growing right out of my arms.

But she'll never grow out of my heart.


2 comments:

cakeologist said...

Scary how fast they grow up. My oldest started high school this year. I am not old enough to have a daughter in high school! It wasn't too long ago I was in high school...oh wait, I went to my 20 year reunion this year.

I am with you on the Etsy shop. I have been telling myself for months 'tomorrow I will list everything'!

Holly said...

I know what you mean. *sigh*