Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Queen of Procrastination

Here it is that time of year again when I am finding myself behind the proverbial eight ball. It's Christmas and I am running out of time to get all the things done I wanted. For some reason, I can't seem to make myself understand that it is okay and perfectly reasonable to work on Christmas projects in October or November. Knowing me, I shoulda started last January the way I get behind on everything.

I came up with our Christmas card idea a couple of months ago and purchased most of the materials that would be needed to make them. I just finished them Monday night after staying up until 2 am. I am still addressing a few straglers here and there. I could have had these done and ready to mail just like my friend, Tracy, who mails her Christmas cards the day after Thanksgiving every year. Heck, even Tracy was early this year because I received her card the day BEFORE Thanksgiving. I've known Tracy since first grade and this ability to pre-plan has never worn off on me. I don't get it.

I have a gift idea that I stole found on another blog last year that I decided to make for my female in-laws. Well, I purchased the materials for these right after Thanksgiving. They are currently sitting all lined up on my kitchen table waiting to be painted. Yes, they still need to be painted and stained. And a major component of the gifts still needs to be cut with a tool that I don't have and have no access to at all. Hopefully one of my BILs will be able to help me out with this step today. Let's all pray.

Now, I wanted to make enough of these gifts so that I could send them to some of my online female friends that I've made over the years. Ladies...don't hold your breath cause they definitely aren't on the way to you. Sorry.

I am still not finished decorating for Christmas. Yes, it's in 3 days! I know. But I still have big totes sitting all around and not everything is where I want it to be.

We just started and finished Bean's Christmas shopping last night. Um hmmm. Don't give Santa much notice, do I?

I have baking on my list that I want to do but...where's the time gonna come from? I am supposed to be on vacation all week but where am I? I am at work because one of my bosses will be on a Caribbean vacation next week and also suffers from this same inability to pre-plan that I do. Whatevs, dude. Hurry up making those red pen corrections so I can get outta here!

Why do I do this to myself every year? I don't know why I say "every year" because it seems that I find myself in this predicament all the time, all year long. Maybe my new year's resolution should be to teach myself to plan out my projects and stick to the schedule. Is there anything you procrastinate on or are you like me and just procrastinate on life in general?

3 comments:

Fordy said...

If it makes it easier for you; I'll accept a cheque instead of a card or gift. Paypal might be quicker though.

Unknown said...

Aww, thanks @Fordy! That's so understanding of you. Now, go wait by your computer for the PayPal notice to arrive. Don't leave the computer cause if you're not right by it, it won't stay and wait for you.

Holly said...

I've been late this year in getting things done!