Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Life goes on.

In the past week we've had birthdays, deaths, an anticipated birth any day now, and
we just keep trudging along.

It is at times like these that we realize that it is a pretty special thing to wake up every day. For those of us that are lucky enough, we get hugs and kisses every day. There have been times in my life where I didn't know when or if I would ever get another single hug at all.

I don't always remember or appreciate it though. I get caught up in the day-to-day drudge just like everyone else.

So for today I am going to just sit and contemplate everything that I need to be grateful for, everything that brings me joy, love and happiness. And I'll also try to be grateful for the things that have tried my will and my patience. Because without those things, I'd completely miss the good things.

No comments: